Vocabulary Part 8 

1-He was not employed because he didn’t have enough work………….for the job.

1) entertainment       2) endeavor            3) experiment                4) experience

2- We hope that the damage done to our house during the rainy season  will be ….soon.

1) repaired          2) returned           3) remained                    4) recorded

3- Parviz was …….a young man who worked hard to make money for the family.

1) actually              2) carefully                   3) politely              4) successfully

4-Our family had a big …when my brother got married.

1) description      2) invention        3) celebration                4) organization

5- Farmers usually …fruits when they are ripe.

1) crack           2) pick              3)make                     4) take

6- I believed good health is always a great…….

1) advantage                 2) experiment    3) responsibility         4) knowledge

7- It would be too costly to repair a car these days “ Costly” means……

1) active              2) attractive                  3) expensive       4) massive

8- We should respect the ……of others and they should respect ours.

1) routes               2) records                     3) rights                 4) rates

9- When I was asked to stay indoors I …………to do so.

1)confused           2) included                    3) disturbed           4) disagreed

10- A sheet of white paper reflects more light than a sheet of black paper. “Reflect” is the opposite of ………

1) absorb                2) destroy              3) refuse                       4) receive

11- Not every country can ………space program because it is so expensive.

1) afford               2) choose           3) refuse                       4) receive

n 12- In several cases which children were gotten away from TV their ….improved a lot.

1) influence                   2) eyesight          3) fashion                      4) pressure

13- A tree can stand up to a strong wind because it is …and has long roots.

1) comfortable               2) impossible                 3) responsible    4) flexible

14- Many people believe that technology can greatly…….everyday life.

1) understand                2) continue          3) improve                 4) perform

15- Playing games seems to be the most important …….for the young people

1) activity                      2) behavior                    3) capacity           4) guidance

16- “Mother, what are you doing in the kitchen?”

“I’m …….a birthday cake for you”

1) baking          2) beginning      3) blowing                  4) borrowing

17- The man whose car was stolen said he was ready to give a ….to the finder.

1) greeting                    2) price          3) reward                    4) ticket

- Unfortunately we had to leave the meeting …….

1) briefly                      2) hurriedly       3) heavily                      4) properly

19- I don’t see why a person should like to ……in other people’s business.

1) get lost            2) interfere            3) manage                     4) pay attention

20- Students should do the experiments under the close ……of their chemistry teacher.

1) condition                   2) discussion                 3) information    4) supervision

21- It’s terribly cold. You need warm clothes to …you against the cold.

1) produce                    2) protect          3) prevent                     4) provide

22- The light most things give off is reflected light “ Give off” is the opposite of…… .

1) absorb                2) affect            3) expect                      4) excite

23- In fact , our………and not our eyes make it possible to understand what we read.

1) brains                 2) capacity              3) feelings                     4) purpose

24- My sister has never taken any painting lesson but she has a ……ability to paint.

1) central               2) final              3) natural                      4) social

25- The teacher ordered the students to …….their hand before they began talking.

1) draw               2) fall           3) offer                         4) raise

26- The doctor asked me to take a deep……and keep it for a moment.

1) breath              2) force                        3) illness                       4) voice

27- Visitors are requested not to touch things in the show-room “ to request” means to……

1) accept             2) agree                        3) allow                        4) ask

28- I think every ……has been made about our trip to the north.

1) appointment              2) arrangement 3) department                4) experiment

29- It took a lot of time and money to repair what had been…

1) destroyed                  2) injured         3) migrated                 4) struggled

30- As a psychologist, she is much attracted by sense of ……between her countrymen.

1) behavior                    2) committee     3) friendship                  4) religion

31- You can find many people with this ……throughout the country.

1) atmosphere               2) experiment    3) character          4) imperative

32- “Mother: Do we have …food for ten people ?” Jalal asked.

1) emotional                  2) comfortable   3) sufficient               4) possible

33- That book is not available in bookshops. You have to prepare a ….of it.

1) copy              2) slice              3) piece                4) sheet

34- Cups of tea or coffee usually …….dinner or lunch

1) compete         2) follow                       3) perform                 4) happen

35- I have not yet come to a(n) …….about buying a car.

1) application       2) decision                    3) discussion          4) position

36- The first games were held on the plains of Olympia, and were ……religious celebrations.

1) politely                      2) seriously         3) immediately               4) basically

37- Parents usually do not……….children to stay up late at night.

1) control                      2) realize                3) permit                       4) struggle

38- The medicine had a good ……on the man. He could soon go back to work,

1) effect            2) pressure                    3) secret                       4) advice

39- If you keep studying for a few weeks, I am certain you can…….the problems.

1) improve                    2) welcome            3) organize           4) overcome

40- Reza was completely mixed up while taking the final English exam. “Mixed up” means…

1) relaxed                 2) scared       3) prepared                   4) confused

41- I am interested in the ……of other countries.

1) condition                   2) capacities              3) traditions           4) necessities

42-Some people can never recall the stories they are told “Recall” is the opposite of…

1) continue                    2) explain               3) discover                    4) forget

43- Thinking deeply and understanding the problem clearly is the best way to …it.

1) accept            2) solve            3) perform                    4) correct

44- In the bank the man was asked to show……to say he was the right person.

1) a payment     2) a document          3) an instrument           4) an experiment

45- The loud noise …everyone in the classroom.

1) burned       2) destroyed           3) scared                      4) treated

46- They asked me if I had had any …….with the man I said I had just telephoned him once.

1) contact                  2) impact                             3) opinion         4) regard

47- I asked him to buy a sandwich but he refused. “Refuse” is opposite of…

1)accept            2) insist             3) choose                4) follow

48- Parents should sometimes …their children for what they do at home.

1) involve              2) prepare                  3) recall                4) reward

49- He didn’t sit there because he said he had a strange ……that someone was watching him.

1) capacity                    2) effect          3) feeling                                  4) habit

50-Everyone loves Javad because he acts so…….

1) frequently                 2) carelessly          3) mentally           4) thoughtfully

نمونه سوال کنکوري ( معني ) سري هشتم

سوالات yes-no در انگليسي

,             ,         ,              ,                ,                     ,accept            ,behavior                    ,many people ,refuse                       ,should respect
مشخصات
آخرین جستجو ها